Descendants Day: First Saturday Presentations
Descendants Day presentations are held on the first Saturdays of every month. Descendants, if you are interested in sharing the story of your USCT ancestor please contact the museum via email at email@example.com or telephone at 202.667.2667.
Descendants of USCT Soldiers share the story of their ancestor. Descendants also share their research process. The museum does a video archive of the presentation for future descendants and scholars.
- Network to Freedom: Enter Your Freedom Seekers Who Became Freedom Fighters
Click on link to complete online form.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Database Looking for a Civil War Soldier or Sailor? Search the National Park Service Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Database Today.
- United Way & Combined Federal Campaign United Way Campaign # 9506 Combined Federal Campaign # 45509... Click here for more ways to support the museum
- Museum Winter Hours The museum will be closing at 5:30pm Tuesday -Friday until March 7, 2014. Click here for more information about visiting the museum.
- Civil War To Civil Rights Tour In Washington, DC
“Get on the bus…” for a comprehensive tour of Washington DC’s historical Civil War and Civil Rights sites commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. Click here to purchase tickets
- Volunteers Needed The museum is looking for people interested in volunteering their time... Click here to fill out an application
- First Saturday Descendants Presentation First Saturday of every month hear about the USCT from their descendants... Click here to see coming events
- RALLY ON THE HIGH GROUND Join the museum in our effort to revivify the African American Civil War Memorial learn more about the RALLY ON THE HIGH GROUND
- African-American Civil War Museum on WAMU radio Listen to the Strolling Through History: Civil War Tourism Around DC broadcast Click here for more information
- African-American Civil War Memorial Freedom Foundation Sesquicentennial Civil War Commemorative Events 2010-2015 Memorial dates have been designated by the African-American Civil War Memorial Freedom Foundation's charter organization the Sons & Daughters United States Colored Troops to facilitate national commemorative events Click here to see dates